Lent Devotion for March 10

Reading: 1 Peter 4:7–11

Christ is coming and He is coming soon! The day of reckoning and of judgment is drawing closer and closer. Are you ready to stand face to face with your Creator and give an account of your life? Have you done enough? Have you loved constantly? If you’re honest with yourself, the answer is no. You have not done nearly enough to inherit the Kingdom of God. You will never do anywhere near enough to inherit the Kingdom of God.

The story of your salvation, however, does not end at your failures. The story does not stop with you. In fact, it doesn’t even start with you. It starts with God, who sent His Son for you. His Son who willingly gave His life on the cross for you so that you might be justified and spend eternal life with Him in His Kingdom.

Everything between you and God is taken care of. The sacrifice of blood has been fulfilled, though a sacrifice of praise through service remains. A sacrifice of serving and loving your neighbors for their sake so that God might be glorified through His Spirit’s work in your life. It’s all been taken care of! Go love your neighbor!

Prayer
Most holy God, giver of all we have and the ultimate judge, continue to use Your Holy Spirit in me so that I might love and serve my neighbors as you have called me to do; through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen

Hymn
Let us ever walk with Jesus,
Follow His example pure,
Through a world that would deceive us
And to sin our spirits lure.
Onward in His footsteps treading,
Pilgrims here, our home above,
Full of faith and hope and love,
Let us do the Father’s bidding.
Faithful Lord, with me abide;
I shall follow where You guide. (LSB 685:1)

Tim Barber (Sem II, CSL)